Toxic Mold, Health Impact of Sick Homes, | Volunteer Mold and Indoor Air Quality
About | FAQ | Blog
Call Now! 865-385-0170
Call Now! 865-385-0170

Toxic Mold aka Black Mold

The term “Black Mold” strike’s fear into the minds of many consumers.

Toxic mold also known as Black Mold is typically the result of long term water leaks on fabrics, drywall, plywood and other organic surfaces.

Black mold is often billed as a “The Killer” lurking in your home. However, its toxicity, is often overstated.

Black mold also know as Stachybotrys can actually take on colors other than black. Colors of mold generally are dependent on the food source(s). The location(s) of mold in your building can only determined by a trained professional and positively identified by a certified lab using high powered microscopy.

Symptoms of Toxic Black Mold Exposure

The Center for Disease Control (CDC) and other national researchers report that “there has been sufficient evidence that exposure to mold in any form or type can cause upper respiratory tract symptoms like coughing, wheezing, eye and throat infections.” Stachybotrys (Black Mold) has been associated with acute idiopathic hemorrhages in children and senior adults.

Stacybotrys has been associated with acute idiopathic pulmonary hemorrhage among infants but this has not been proved.

We have found that reactions to mold exposures of different types has a wildly variable impact on different people even within the same exposure areas.

The severity of reactions may be due to the individuals health history and exposure levels. People with suppressed or damaged immune systems and those with asthma or breathing issues are particularly vulnerable.

When mold is smelled (Musty Odor) or seen a professional evaluation of the property is critical to understanding the causes and proper removal.

Contact Volunteer Mold and Indoor Air Quality for a professional inspection a written protocol to correct mold problems immediately.