Suffering from Mold Illness? You may be genetically predisposed.
Friday, September 22nd, 2017 | Categories: Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality | No Comments
Found this great article that I think my clients will find important. We have long known that about 25% of us are highly sensitive to mold exposure in even low dosages. There may be help for those who suffer. Cheryl Ciecko writes about: Genetic Testing for Mold Sensitivity- looking for the HLA-Dr Gene. This article […]Read More »
3 Keys to Toxic Mold Illness Prevention
Thursday, June 15th, 2017 | Categories: Black Mold, Commercial Building Inspections, Humidity, Indoor Air Quality, Sick Building | No Comments
3 Keys to Mold Illness Prevention: Understanding the THREE KEYS to mold illness prevention can save your families health and avoid costly repairs. 1.Have your home or building professionally inspected by a indoor Air Quality Professional annually. 2. Eliminate sources of dampness, high humidity and moisture to prevent mold growth. 3. Increase ventilation and proper […]Read More »
All Black Mold Is Toxic… True or False?
Wednesday, May 10th, 2017 | Categories: Black Mold, Children and Mold, Indoor Air Quality, Mold Lab | No Comments
Is all Black Mold Toxic? All black molds are not toxic and neither are all toxic molds black. Most people hear the words “Black Mold” and assume that it’s a toxic disease-causing killer. Toxic Mold: The words toxic black mold when used in the media is typically referring to a strain of mold called Stachybotryus. […]Read More »
DIY Mold Removal- Hurts more than it helps!
Wednesday, March 1st, 2017 | Categories: Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality | No Comments
I’m a hands on Do It Yourself (DIY) kinda guy so I get it. The truth is you might love a good DIY project yourself – but not all DIY Projects will love you back. As my wife often tells me…. some jobs need to be left to the professionals. Good advice. When it comes […]Read More »
Chlorine Bleach – Does it kill mold or not?
Tuesday, February 21st, 2017 | Categories: Assisted Living Facilities, Black Mold, Commercial Building Inspections, Sick Building, Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality | 2 Comments
Chlorine Bleach (sodium hypochlorite) is commonly found in most homes and businesses. Chlorine is used as a disinfectant in water and many cleaning products. Chlorine gas has also been used as a chemical weapon in war. Many people misuse chlorine, in concentration, and often experience the effects of poison from breathing and skin contact. In my practice […]Read More »
Winter Health and Air Quality Tips
Sunday, December 18th, 2016 | Categories: Commercial Inspections, Indoor Air Quality, Mold Solutions, Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality | No Comments
Winter Health and Indoor Air Quality Tips As the colder weather is upon us and days grow shorter the time we spend indoors longer. Along with extended indoor time comes respiratory health risks and exposure to more particulates. Here are typical changes we find in our clients homes November to March in East Tennessee. […]Read More »
Water damaged homes = Unusual mold growths.
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2016 | Categories: Children and Mold, Flooding, Indoor Air Quality, Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality | No Comments
Buildings with long term water damage often create significant health risks for the occupants and sometimes the structure itself. Chaetomium in Indoor Environment: What Are The Implications? Chaetomium is most commonly found in water damaged buildings. Species of Chaetomium are strongly cellulolytic and found in soil, on paper, straw, cloth, cotton and other cellulose-containing substrates like floor joists and typical […]Read More »
Can Your Pets Can Get Sick and Die From Mold?
Friday, October 21st, 2016 | Categories: Bacteria Health Risks, Black Mold, Children and Mold, Toxic Mold, Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality, Water Leaks | No Comments
We frequently perform Indoor Air Quality and Mold Inspections where both the family and pets they love are quite ill. While molds are key parts of many natural ecosystems, some types pose a serious health risk for animals. Volunteer Mold and Indoor Air Quality Services located in Knoxville Tennessee has made its mission “to quickly, […]Read More »
Whats wrong with Bat Poop (Guano) ?
Monday, February 29th, 2016 | Categories: Bacteria Health Risks, Children and Mold, Commercial Inspections, Indoor Air Quality, Sick Building, Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality | No Comments
Guano Can Make you sick: I get a few dozen, client inquiries every year, asking if bats can make them sick. Just this month I have had three clients call with concerns finding Bats living in their attics. I have nothing against Bats and know that they have critical role in removing peak insects from around our homes. […]Read More »
10 Rules for Mold On Food
Tuesday, January 19th, 2016 | Categories: Bacteria Health Risks, Black Mold, Children and Mold, Senior Citizens and mold, Toxic Mold | No Comments
(Should it stay or should it go now?) Most of us have had it happen. You open the fridge at work or home and see something fuzzy on a piece of fruit, bread or that plate of spaghetti long forgotten. When I was growing up the conventional wisdom in my house was to “cut off” […]Read More »