Accidental Exposure to “Spice” creates hazards for First Responders
Sunday, December 3rd, 2017 | Categories: Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality | No Comments
Cops on ‘Spice’ Raids Getting High by Accident None By Margaret Farley Steele Thursday, November 30, 2017 THURSDAY, Nov. 30, 2017 (HealthDay News) — Police and federal agents cracking down on the makers of “designer drugs” like Spice are getting high from the mind-altering substances themselves, a new U.S. government report shows. After one raid, […]Read More »
Red Flags and Mold Inspections
Sunday, May 21st, 2017 | Categories: Indoor Air Quality, Mold Lab, Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality | No Comments
When performing Mold and Indoor Air Quality investigations we look for one or more “Red Flags” through our process. We often find several. Often times property owners may see some of the factors but don’t connect the dots that show interrelated factors. We start each investigation by asking a series of questions relative to the general […]Read More »
East Tennessee Fires Creates Breathing Problems for Thousands.
Friday, December 2nd, 2016 | Categories: Assisted Living Facilities, Carbon Monoxide Poisoning, Children and Mold, Commercial Building Inspections, Indoor Air Quality, Sick Building, Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality | No Comments
I have noticed a lot of coughing going on in East Tennessee even as the smoke dies down from the recent devastating wild fires in the Gatlenburg and Pigeon Forge areas. Knoxville and the surrounding 100 miles or so has been blanked by residual haze and smoke. What’s in forest fire smoke? Forest fire smoke […]Read More »
Can Your Pets Can Get Sick and Die From Mold?
Friday, October 21st, 2016 | Categories: Bacteria Health Risks, Black Mold, Children and Mold, Toxic Mold, Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality, Water Leaks | No Comments
We frequently perform Indoor Air Quality and Mold Inspections where both the family and pets they love are quite ill. While molds are key parts of many natural ecosystems, some types pose a serious health risk for animals. Volunteer Mold and Indoor Air Quality Services located in Knoxville Tennessee has made its mission “to quickly, […]Read More »
Water Leaks Can Destroy Commercial Buildings
Monday, September 19th, 2016 | Categories: Assisted Living Facilities, Commercial Building Inspections, Flooding, Humidity, Surgical Centers, Thermography, Water Leaks | No Comments
Water destroys buildings. Often water leaks and moisture penetrations go unnoticed for years. We are experts in Commercial Building Inspections. Having tackled Shopping Centers, Nursing Homes, Assisted Living Facilities, Schools, Malls, Residential Dormitories, Surgical Centers and a multitude of other projects we understand our clients needs for fast service with quality reporting. We recently completed […]Read More »
A Simplified Guide to Mold Inspection and Remediation
Tuesday, August 9th, 2016 | Categories: Children and Mold, Flooding, Indoor Air Quality, Sick Building, Toxic Mold, Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality, Water Leaks | No Comments
Mold clean up and removal is not a “Do It Yourself” type of project. I often see attempts by well meaning property owners or their handy men that have gone horribly wrong and sometimes someone ends up quite ill with respiratory illness that may take years to treat. A healthy dose of caution up front can […]Read More »
What Your Mother Never Told You…..
Tuesday, March 15th, 2016 | Categories: Children and Mold, Crawl Space, Indoor Air Quality, Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality | No Comments
Your mother probably told you that nothing in life is free. But, she probably didn’t tell you that, crawl space inspections aren’t free either. In East Tennessee the vast majority of homes have crawl space foundations. Chances are, if you have a home with a crawl space, you have never been inside of it more than […]Read More »
Whats wrong with Bat Poop (Guano) ?
Monday, February 29th, 2016 | Categories: Bacteria Health Risks, Children and Mold, Commercial Inspections, Indoor Air Quality, Sick Building, Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality | No Comments
Guano Can Make you sick: I get a few dozen, client inquiries every year, asking if bats can make them sick. Just this month I have had three clients call with concerns finding Bats living in their attics. I have nothing against Bats and know that they have critical role in removing peak insects from around our homes. […]Read More »