Accidental Exposure to “Spice” creates hazards for First Responders
Sunday, December 3rd, 2017 | Categories: Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality | No Comments
Cops on ‘Spice’ Raids Getting High by Accident None By Margaret Farley Steele Thursday, November 30, 2017 THURSDAY, Nov. 30, 2017 (HealthDay News) — Police and federal agents cracking down on the makers of “designer drugs” like Spice are getting high from the mind-altering substances themselves, a new U.S. government report shows. After one raid, […]Read More »
Suffering from Mold Illness? You may be genetically predisposed.
Friday, September 22nd, 2017 | Categories: Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality | No Comments
Found this great article that I think my clients will find important. We have long known that about 25% of us are highly sensitive to mold exposure in even low dosages. There may be help for those who suffer. Cheryl Ciecko writes about: Genetic Testing for Mold Sensitivity- looking for the HLA-Dr Gene. This article […]Read More »
8 Dirty Little Secrets in Your Crawl Space
Tuesday, April 18th, 2017 | Categories: Bacteria Health Risks, Black Mold, Children and Mold, Crawl Space | No Comments
Most of us have no desire to enter space that lies beneath our homes. Crawl Spaces typically are dark, dirty and damp. A haven for spiders and animal waste prevents them from being an attractive venue for even the most adventurous of us. The conditions within Crawl Spaces prevents most East Tennessee homeowners from seeing the damage that can […]Read More »
Is Bad Air Quality “NORMAL” in Buildings?
Sunday, January 1st, 2017 | Categories: Commercial Building Inspections, Crawl Space, Indoor Air Quality, Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality | No Comments
Bad Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) impacts all of us.. At Volunteer Mold and Indoor Air Quality Services, are asked to address IAQ concerns in many types of commercial buildings. In the process, we find, many occupants have some type of health or comfort related concerns indoors due poor to air quality. […]Read More »
Can Your Pets Can Get Sick and Die From Mold?
Friday, October 21st, 2016 | Categories: Bacteria Health Risks, Black Mold, Children and Mold, Toxic Mold, Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality, Water Leaks | No Comments
We frequently perform Indoor Air Quality and Mold Inspections where both the family and pets they love are quite ill. While molds are key parts of many natural ecosystems, some types pose a serious health risk for animals. Volunteer Mold and Indoor Air Quality Services located in Knoxville Tennessee has made its mission “to quickly, […]Read More »
Cleaning your Air Ducts?
Monday, September 19th, 2016 | Categories: Bacteria Health Risks, Children and Mold, Commercial Inspections, Crawl Space, Senior Citizens and mold, Sick Building, Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality | No Comments
A recent Enviormental Protection Agency (EPA) has estimated that the average american family contributes 40 pounds of dust per year to their Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system. Are you considering cleaning your air ducts? Is it a good or bad idea? We at Volunteer Mold and Indoor Air Quality think its a very […]Read More »
Its Raining…. Its Pouring….. Is Mold Why Your Snoring?
Wednesday, August 10th, 2016 | Categories: Children and Mold, Humidity, Indoor Air Quality, Mold Solutions, Sick Building, Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality | No Comments
Heres a great article from the Net that I hope will bring some of my clients relief. And God Bless You! Mold spore allergies peaking Posted: Apr 30, 2015 5:27 PM EDT Updated: Apr 30, 2015 5:41 PM EDT By Nick Austin, Meteorologist / ReporterCONNECT A few years ago nurse Molly Rodgers noticed her […]Read More »
A Simplified Guide to Mold Inspection and Remediation
Tuesday, August 9th, 2016 | Categories: Children and Mold, Flooding, Indoor Air Quality, Sick Building, Toxic Mold, Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality, Water Leaks | No Comments
Mold clean up and removal is not a “Do It Yourself” type of project. I often see attempts by well meaning property owners or their handy men that have gone horribly wrong and sometimes someone ends up quite ill with respiratory illness that may take years to treat. A healthy dose of caution up front can […]Read More »
Whats wrong with Bat Poop (Guano) ?
Monday, February 29th, 2016 | Categories: Bacteria Health Risks, Children and Mold, Commercial Inspections, Indoor Air Quality, Sick Building, Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality | No Comments
Guano Can Make you sick: I get a few dozen, client inquiries every year, asking if bats can make them sick. Just this month I have had three clients call with concerns finding Bats living in their attics. I have nothing against Bats and know that they have critical role in removing peak insects from around our homes. […]Read More »
4 Home Remedies for Bad Indoor Air Quality
Monday, February 1st, 2016 | Categories: Children and Mold, Commercial Inspections, Indoor Air Quality, Sick Building, Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality | No Comments
What’s Your IAQ? Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) refers to the environmental characteristics inside your home/office that can affect your comfort and health. Many things can impact IAQ, such as temperature, humidity and indoor air pollutants. Wintertime is a great time to think about your Indoor Air Quality at work and home. Consider the Battery: I […]Read More »