9 Symptoms of Mold Associated Illness
Friday, May 19th, 2017 | Categories: Black Mold, Carbon Monoxide Poisoning, Children and Mold, Indoor Air Quality, Sick Building, Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality | No Comments
My clients often ask about mold exposure and mold illness. I typically meet them after they have been suffering from exposure to Indoor Air Quality Toxins for months or years. Heres a list of the top symptoms they report when we are inspecting their home and offices for sick building syndrome. A sick building needs a […]Read More »
East Tennessee Fires Creates Breathing Problems for Thousands.
Friday, December 2nd, 2016 | Categories: Assisted Living Facilities, Carbon Monoxide Poisoning, Children and Mold, Commercial Building Inspections, Indoor Air Quality, Sick Building, Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality | No Comments
I have noticed a lot of coughing going on in East Tennessee even as the smoke dies down from the recent devastating wild fires in the Gatlenburg and Pigeon Forge areas. Knoxville and the surrounding 100 miles or so has been blanked by residual haze and smoke. What’s in forest fire smoke? Forest fire smoke […]Read More »
The 5 Dirty Little Secrets of Christmas Trees
Wednesday, December 23rd, 2015 | Categories: Bacteria Health Risks, Black Mold, Carbon Monoxide Poisoning, Children and Mold, Commercial Inspections, Mold Solutions, Senior Citizens and mold, Sick Building, Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality | 1 Comment
We at Volunteer Inspections in Knoxville wish all of our clients joy and safety this Christmas and New Years Holiday. As the trees go up understand that artificial and live cut varieties can put your family at risk.Both live cut and stored artificial trees can deliver huge mold and other particulate contaminates into your otherwise […]Read More »
Are e-cigarettes putting deadly mold and bacterias into your lungs??
Monday, December 21st, 2015 | Categories: Bacteria Health Risks, Carbon Monoxide Poisoning, Indoor Air Quality, Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality | No Comments
Whats an E Cigarette? E-cigarettes are being marketed as a “Healthy Alternative” to traditional smoking. This claim is made due to the lack of smoke and tar present in the paper rolled type we all know. E-Cigarettes known as “Vapes”, use a vapor technology that creates a significant seem cloud when the reservoir of E-Liquid […]Read More »
7 Chores To Stay Safe Indoors
Wednesday, December 2nd, 2015 | Categories: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning, Commercial Inspections, Crawl Space, Indoor Air Quality, Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality | No Comments
Ready or not, winter is upon us. In the Knoxville and East Tennessee area that means rain, rain and more rain and dropping temperatures.Here’s 7 items for your to do list that are critically important to maintaining a safe and comfortable home. Change the smoke detector batteries. If you don’t already have smoke detectors, in […]Read More »
Real Estate Inspections- Enviormental Issues- 5 Questions
Wednesday, November 25th, 2015 | Categories: Black Mold, Carbon Monoxide Poisoning, Children and Mold, Flooding, Senior Citizens and mold, Sick Building, Thermography, Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality | No Comments
Buyers Beware! Regardless of whether your buying a Home or Commercial Property you should consider an environmental assesment before you close. Most property investments include a General Home Inspection or General Commercial Property Inspection. You’ll insist on the inspection because you want to verify function of the plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems function to insure there are […]Read More »
9 Signs the air at home and work is poisoning you
Tuesday, November 17th, 2015 | Categories: Black Mold, Carbon Monoxide Poisoning, Crawl Space, Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality | No Comments
It’s critical to address potential causes of Indoor Air Quality issues promptly. Left uninvestigated and treated, air quality issues can, negatively impact your health. Current research shows that Americans on average spend more than 90% of their time indoors. Bad indoor air quality can pose life long health issues. Increase in Allergies and […]Read More »
Mold Allergies- Whats a sufferer to do?
Monday, March 2nd, 2015 | Categories: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning, Indoor Air Quality, Sick Building | No Comments
What to know and do about – MOLD ALLERGIES Do you have an allergy type reaction that never ends? If your allergy illness docent end as the seasons do, you may be allergic to the spores of molds or other fungi. Many of my clients report such concerns after months and sometimes years of treating […]Read More »
Is CO2 Killing you? A case study.
Wednesday, February 11th, 2015 | Categories: Carbon Monoxide Poisoning, Commercial Inspections, Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality | No Comments
Not feeling well indoors? Carbon dioxide may be the cause. • High levels of carbon dioxide in offices and classrooms could be affecting your concentration and decisions • High levels of carbon dioxide (CO2) indoors can cause fatigue, nausea, headaches and loss of attention. In extreme cases brain damage and death. • Result of […]Read More »