Chemical Allergy vs/ Chemical Toxicity
Friday, December 11th, 2015 | Categories: Children and Mold, Commercial Inspections, Indoor Air Quality, Mold Solutions, Sick Building, Toxic Mold, Toxic Mold,Indoor Air Quality | No Comments
Many of my clients express concerns about exposure to air and surface contaminants. Often when I start asking questions about their reasons I learn of their histories of illness and their confusion as to what they are reacting to in the environment.
Essentially you can break the “exposure” issue into two broad categories. Chemical Allergy’s and Chemical Toxicity
An allergy produces hay fever type symptoms like:
- Running Nose
- Watery eyes
Allergy symptoms are a nuisance. Symptoms of allergies may be moderate to severe. Symptoms are often easily observable by others including your physician. Diagnosis as to type of allergies you experience can be identified by a number of tests your physician might perform and often quickly treated. Suffering from allergies is largely unnecessary.
Chemical Toxicity: A very different and dangerous issue.
Symptoms are neurological and often include:
- Extreme Fatigue
- Memory Loss
- Personality or Mood Changes
Many other symptoms or combinations may present. Research is still ongoing but links to health issues of chemical toxicity continue to be made.
Chemical Toxicity is not a nuisance. It can be life threatening.
Symptoms are not easily observable by physicians and often seem quite vague and subjective health care professionals. Often, the affected individual, will take extreme efforts to avoid exposure and are sometimes considered by others (not affected) to be paranoid, anxious or psychotic. Many individuals with this malady may not even be aware of what their substance exposure is or how to avoid it.
Often Chemical Toxicity is triggered by exposure to:
- Cleaning Chemicals
Exposure can occur at home or work. We live in a toxic soup of chemicals from what we eat breathe and drink. Some of my clients suffer greatly from exposure.
urface chemicals and toxic elements found indoors at work and home. If you know someone who is suffering please refer us and we will do all we can to help them find out what is affecting them in their environment.